“I will always love you.”

Those were the words that came out of my mouth the night you held me in your arms. Somehow, I still feel them around me and your face buried on my chest as I held on to you so tightly that night. I knew that we weren’t going to have the chance, that I will never have the chance to have you that close so I gathered up all my drunken strength and sober thoughts and poured out my heart for you. 

You will always occupy a big space in my heart and you knew that. And you never used that for anything, you just accepted it. I love you in the most painful way and sometimes I get tired of it. Sometimes I’d tell myself that whatever this is will end. That how I feel for you will soon be gone and everything will be okay again. But for almost a year now, I still can’t bring myself to love someone else as much as I love you. 

And it may seem final but as I've said, I will always love you.


I will love you even when you love someone else. I’ve seen you love her. I saw how you looked at her hopelessly but full of love every single day. It pained me to see you sad. To see you hurt, to see you getting less of what you deserved. I stayed away from your sight. I tried to look away. But I couldn’t. I couldn’t look away because I wanted to wipe every tear fallen on your cheek. I wanted to brush your hair away from your face and hold you in my arms and kiss your forehead and tell you how beautiful you are. I did that night you held me in your arms. And I don’t regret any second of it.


I will love you even when you can’t love me back.
You just can’t and that’s okay.
I will still love you anyway.
I will love you even when we can’t be together.
I will love you even when friendship is the only thing you can offer.
I will love you even though it hurts me more than it should.
I will love you even when I’m in love with someone else.
I will love you even when you can’t stay
 I will still love you anyway.

Popular Posts