The 3 Things You Do When You Mess Up

When you love a person with the kind of intensity as I have loved you and you have loved me, you don't just forget it once it's over. It's like a very special scent that lingers still once the day is over. Although the scent might differ in a way that once you scrub it all off in the shower, it'll slowly fade.

But you, you still stay. No matter how many times I try to wash you away.

I guess, it's safe to say that we messed up.
We had such a great love.
Pure, magical, unfathomable love.

But sometimes, the great love that we thought would save us from the world, destroy us in the end. And maybe sometimes, that's just the way things should be. Loving someone deeply and magically makes you forget about the world. You made me forget about the world for so long that when I woke up, I couldn't recognize myself anymore. And when I woke up, I woke up to a person who's face I don't remember... woke up to someone who's love and mind I don't understand. I was lost in us, that I lost us.

I'm sorry are the first words you utter when you mess up. As of that moment, it would not feel like an apology. It would just be words leaving your system for trying to make the other person stay.

I'm sorry is the only phrase I could say. We let the best of ourselves get the best of us that we can't point any finger towards anyone to blame.

I'm sorry doesn't make any sense when the person you're apologizing to is too angry to listen.

I'm sorry is all that I wanted to hear and a kiss on the cheek just to make everything okay.


But your pride always gets in the way.


A silent good bye is the answer to all heartbreaks.
Because when you leave with tip-toes, you leave no trace.

A silent good bye is what I wanted because I never want
any footprints and stitches visible for all to see.

A silent good bye is the only thing that matters because
our hearts are the only ones that should speak.

A silent good bye is what was best for us...

But you pushed me to shout and scream and pull your sleeves out 'till we bleed.


With all the things said, all the love spent,
All that's left for us is to do is to,

Let go and remember that the important things are better left unsaid.

Popular Posts